Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mosquitoes.

Yesterday night, when me and my parents were watching television, we saw a mosquito flying around. It distracted me a lot from the tv. I felt itchy on my legs. And then, out of a sudden, it was missing. I can guess it had flied to either my room or my parents' room and waited us there until we went to bed. At 12am, I heard mum and dad clapping their hands to kill the mosquito. It was in my parents' room. Unlucky you, mosquito, my dad is good in catching you. LOL.

Mosquitoes go through four stages in their life cycle: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.The adult females can live up to a month [or more] but most probably do not live more than 1–2 weeks in nature. Same like the Dracula, it eats and drinks human's blood [wahaha, kidding]. It's neither drink nor eat. Mosquitoes suck people's blood. Kakaz xD

Mosquito is a very small insects which its size is not more than 1cm diameter or 0.5cm radius [just learnt this topic]. It is small but it can make you miserable. You can't sleep at night because of the mosquitoes. And aedes which cause us dengue fever can even bring us to hell. Well, it is small yet it has so many disadvantages. They are vectors for a number of infectious diseases that kill millions of people per year.

Amy.

No comments: